Sunday, September 8, 2013

First Week Down and an Origami Fox

     I made it through the first week of school and I'm ready to start week 2.  I'm in the same classroom again this week because the teacher has jury duty.  I LOVE long-term assignments.  I am a creature of habit most of the time and I like to know what I'm getting into each day.  This week I have had the pleasure of teaching some great 9th graders including a bunch that I taught for three months last year in middle school.
     This is the first "start" (if you can call it that) to the nursery.  The chest has blankets in it.  I want to cover it with something soft like the faux sheepskin rug from Ikea, and put stuffed animals on it.  This bear has been mine so long that I don't remember when I got it.  I carried it onto the plane from SLC to Portland to make sure I wouldn't lose track of it.  It's going to belong to this lucky baby now.  Don't you just love that plaid bowtie?!


And this....is the first piece of diy artwork.  I stumbled across this origami fox on pinterest and decided it needed to be folded and framed.  It's the first of many nods to the adorable fox in this space.


     If you want to make an origami fox (and you should), the instructions are here.

No comments:

Post a Comment