Sunday, September 22, 2013

Weekend Projects

     I have been back at work now for 3 weeks and things are going better every day.  The more I sub, the less anxiety I feel about it.  I am finding that I like elementary much more than middle school or high school.  I'll continue to do all grades because a job is a job, but I have much better days at elementary.  They are sweet, eager to participate, and they don't have cellphones!
     This weekend I worked on a few projects for the nursery.  It might seem like I'm getting the room ready too early, but Daniel works weekends and I need to entertain myself somehow.  So I'm putting the nursery together a little at a time.
     The first project I did was a paper pennant banner to go above the crib.  Just this morning we felt an earthquake so there's no way anything heavier than paper is going above that crib!  I got some scrapbook paper, cut it into triangles and strung it along.  It was super easy and I think it turned out cute.  I added a little teal to the color scheme, which I think works these days as a gender neutral color.



     The second project I copied almost exactly from a watercolor I saw on Pinterest.  I just fell in love with it and knew I could duplicate it.  Here's the inspiration:


     Here is my process:





     And here is the finished product!


     I'm more than a little proud of it.  I think it turned out awesome!  Since I already had the frame, canvas, string and tools, both of these projects cost me a total of $2.98 at Michael's.  So far this nursery is far from breaking the bank.
     Tonight we are starting our two night stay at Daniel's work.  They are celebrating the opening of a new building and pool at the resort and letting the managers' families check it out first.  Stay tune for pictures! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment