Saturday, October 19, 2013

What we've been up to...

     First off, I found a bunch of honeymoon pics on my camera that we forgot to import on iphoto.  These are two of my favorites...views from the condo in Cayucos.  We're planning on spending next July 4th there.  It is so incredibly beautiful!



     For the most part, things are pretty day-to-day here.  The temperature has leveled off to a high of 90 degrees and the mornings have been nice and cool.  Daniel is still enjoying his job and I have found some familiarity in my job as I have been returning to classes I've subbed before.  I get to sub at a 4th grade class over Halloween and I'm super stoked about that.  
     Over my birthday weekend, we went to a wedding in Malibu.  Malibu was not at all what I expected.  It was very hilly, spotted with ranch houses.  I guess I just always thought of it as a suburb of L.A.  On my actual birthday, the day after the wedding, we drove through the Malibu hills to get to the beach.  Then we drove alongside the ocean to go to Santa Monica.  We explored the pier there, walked along the water, then had lunch.  It was an amazing birthday!  Daniel and I are such good travelers together.  We're both more inclined to take the day as it comes, seeing what we stumble upon.



     In baby news, we have an ultrasound scheduled for Tuesday.  We are 18 weeks along on Monday.  My body definitely tells me if I do too much in a day.  I start to get aches and cramps.  I'm still waiting to feel the first kick!  I'm pretty excited about that, but by the looks of my stomach this is a pretty tiny baby, so it might be a few more weeks before I feel anything.
     I have decided to go ahead with my last semester for my teaching credential.  The timing is good.  The semester ends around the time the baby is due, but I'll finish well before that.  The more time I spend in the classroom, the more I am convinced I have found my life's work...I think it's best to be prepared before the baby comes.


No comments:

Post a Comment