Sunday, October 27, 2013

Almost Halfway!

     Tomorrow we will be 19 weeks pregnant and on Tuesday we had an ultrasound.  It was so exciting!  At first the baby was really active and the ultrasound tech (I don't know the real title of this person but what a cool job!) had to chase it around to get the measurements.  Everything looked normal.  There were so many measurements that I couldn't keep track but I remember her saying that the baby weighs about 1/2 lb. at this point.  We got a good glimpse of 2 baby feet (10 toes!), saw the baby chewing and clenching a fist.  When she went to measure the legs, she turned the screen away from us so we wouldn't see the sex.  She said she could tell the gender but that she would be the only one to know.  She didn't write it down, or tell our doctor so that no one would slip up and say it.  After she had taken all the measurements, she was trying to get a good profile shot for us, but the baby decided to cuddle up with its chin to its chest and made it hard to get a good picture.

     Here is a shot with the baby facing us.  It's hard to see, but hopefully you can make it out.  You can see the eyes (the u/s really just picks up eyesockets) and a little hand up above.


     This one I think is sort of a profile shot?  Like I said, this baby got really shy at this point in the process. When I look at it, I think the lit up part is the head.  Baby sure has come a long way since being a gummi bear!


     In other news, I have been asked to cover a teacher's maternity leave at the school I was at for 3 months last school year.  This time it is 8th grade English.  I have subbed one day at that class a few weeks ago and it's going to be so much easier this time around.  This teacher has all the plans laid out so I won't be doing any lesson-planning and I have 2 Honors classes so the kids are better behaved.  Right now the job is scheduled to end January 8th, but my supervisor said that I should expect that to get extended through February.  I am planning on working up until March 10th so I am so grateful to get out of the sub pool for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment