Sunday, October 20, 2013

Origami Friends

     I just wanted to share a few recent projects for the nursery.  Today, the origami fox got some friends.  The color is a little off in the picture (the yellow is not that bright), but I didn't finish the owl until tonight so I didn't have the benefit of natural sunlight for the photo.  They look a little stale in the photo, but I love how the origami jumps off the canvas and looks different from different angles.  The frames are leftover from my scissor and saw projects.  The rabbit is hard to decipher in the picture but it is obvious what it is in person.


     I had a tin that my mom got for me that I used to put my embroidery in.  I've kept it all these years!!  I moved my embroidery (yes, I still have all my hoops, needle and thread!) to another box and painted the tin orange.  I also had a random box that I think I got as a teenager?  It was green with pink flowers so I painted it blue.  The texture is rough because I used acrylic paint, but there more for decoration anyway.  I'm sure they'll come in handy to store something.  I'm planning on putting them on the dresser with the origami hanging above.


     Daniel and I bought the board book "Fox in Socks" when we were out and about the other day.  It was our first real purchase for the baby.  I've seen a trend floating around pinterest of displaying books on ikea spice racks on the wall, so I'm going to give it a try. 


     I don't think I've posted this yet on here.  The paper lanterns came in the mail a few weeks ago.  Right now they're sitting on the floor collecting dust, but having them really sets the color tone for the room.  My mom got us this adorable fox blanket.  I'm either going to hang it on the edge of the crib or get a small decorative ladder to hang baby quilts on.  It depends on how much room we have once the furniture goes in.  And...this is my four-month bump!  It's not very big but it cracks me up when kids at school ask me if I'm pregnant.  They always preface it with, "I don't mean to be rude or inappropriate Mrs. Kahn, but..."


     I'm having a lot of fun planning this nursery!  It's fun to do a little at a time and watch it come together.  I hope you're enjoying seeing it. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment